FIREWIRE USB AUDIO INTERFACE 36 CHANNELS
The Fireface UCX is a highly integrated pro audio solution in an ultra-compact format for studio and live recordings. It continues RME’s long tradition of designing compact high-end interfaces, packing into a half-rack size unit what usually would be spread out over two or three 19 inch panels.
In doing this the Fireface UCX marks a new packing record: 300 electronic components more than inside the already well-stocked Fireface UC! In a tremendous effort RME packed once again all the latest technologies, introduced with the award winning flagship UFX, plus a bunch of newly developed ones, into a half 19 inch housing with full mobile usability.
The result is an awesome combination of RME’s most successful products: Fireface UFX, Firefaces UC/400 and Babyface. The Fireface UCX is not just a smaller version of the smash hit UFX, with the HFX-core, the preamps and the complete effects engine. The UCX continues the tradition of RME’s tremendously successful compact interfaces, and combines it with the Babyface’s usability through the optional RME remotes. With the Fireface UCX RME reinvented an already perfect product, by improving existing features and characteristics plus adding sophisticated new ones:
- Low Latency mastering grade converters with outstanding specifications.
- Two mic preamps with the premium technology from RME’s high-end recording bestsellers Micstasy and UFX, including the AutoSet overload protection.
- A newly developed Hammerfall audio core, supporting USB and FireWire with the maximum performance and ultra-low latency operation, combined with the legendary RME driver stability and maintenance, on both bus protocols.
- TotalMix FX with the complete Fireface UFX DSP engine, including all effects up to 192 kHz.
- Monitoring Controller: combining the impressive flexibility of the TotalMix FX monitoring tool set and the optional RME Remote Control.
- RME’s unique DIGICheck metering and analysis toolbox for Windows PC and Mac.
- Plus support for RME’s Advanced Remote Control, active jitter suppression technology, professional reference level support, advanced stand-alone functionality, full 192 kHz operation, and last but not least two high speed MIDI I/Os.
- On top of it: The Fireface UCX is the first professional audio interface with Class Compliant mode to work with Apple’s iPad, for perfect stereo up to 18 channel recording and playback, and the addition of truly professional I/Os.
So the UCX is a half rack unit, which is actually more powerful, than most 19 inch units. All in all the Fireface UCX is the new compact-sized dream interface, created with care for every detail, and a new premium solution for any desktop and live usage, without compromises in sound, stability and ultra-low latency operation
- 18 Inputs and outputs can be used simultaneously
- 24-Bit/192kHz AD/DA converter
- 2 Mic preamps with digitally controlled gain and individually switchable 48V thomann phantom power
- Instrument input
- 8 x Analog I/O
- ADAT I/O
- SPDIF I/O
- 2x MIDI I/O
- Word clock
- Intelligent clock control
- Class compliant mode allows connection to Apple iPad/iPad2 (TM)
- Design: 9.5″/1 U
- Incl. TotalMix FX (with UFX effects engine) and MIDI breakout cable BO9652