Buzz Audio Essence
Mono compressor for 500 series
€ 1.037,00 (€ 850,00 + VAT)
Shipped in 4 - 8 Days.Add to Wishlist
(Tan 9,98% - Taeg 11,62%)
Banca Sella Personal Credit - Low Rate Financing
Finance from € 33,45 / month
|Number of payments||Monthly payment||Tan||Taeg||Interests||Fees on monthly payment||Total fees||Finance tax||Total amount due|
|6 months||€ 177,90||9,98%||16,48%||€ 30,40||€ 0||€ 0||€ 16,00||€ 1.083,40|
|9 months||€ 120,05||9,95%||14,62%||€ 43,45||€ 0||€ 0||€ 16,00||€ 1.096,45|
|12 months||€ 91,15||9,96%||13,67%||€ 56,80||€ 0||€ 0||€ 16,00||€ 1.109,80|
|18 months||€ 62,25||9,94%||12,63%||€ 83,50||€ 0||€ 0||€ 16,00||€ 1.136,50|
|24 months||€ 47,80||9,89%||12,06%||€ 110,20||€ 0||€ 0||€ 16,00||€ 1.163,20|
|30 months||€ 39,20||9,98%||11,84%||€ 139,00||€ 0||€ 0||€ 16,00||€ 1.192,00|
|36 months||€ 33,45||9,98%||11,62%||€ 167,20||€ 0||€ 0||€ 16,00||€ 1.220,20|
- Monthly costs for practical management (indicated in the table) included in the TAEG
- € 16,00 finance tax included in the TAEG
- Finance policy.
Advertising message for promotional purposes. For all contractual and economic conditions, please refer to the "Basic European Information on Consumer Credit", available to customers in all Consel Offices and on the website www.e-consel.it. Milk Audio Store, supplier of goods for the promotion and placement of Consel SpA loan agreements for the purchase of its own goods, does not operate in an exclusive regime.
To apply for finance, please add the product to your cart, proceed through checkout and select "Sella Personal Credit Finance" as your payment option on checkout page.
- API* 500VPR Series rack module format – plug in and play!
- Advanced analogue technology – not a clone or copy of products from the past.
- Powerful fully discrete hi-bias, wide bandwidth, differential Class A amplifiers.
- Passive transformer coupled input, transformer coupled output
- Side chain insert point
- Side chain monitor selector
- On board side chain EQ
- Unique Differential Drive Side Chain design
- May be linked to multiple essence units within one rack
- Switchable 10 segment VU meter
Free ShippingFor all orders over € 250, shipping in Italy will be free. All our shipments are managed by national and international couriers with express service to guarantee delivery in 24h * from the dispatch of the goods from our warehouse. * For the islands and some remote areas the timing could increase to 48h.
After Sale Support
After Sale SupportAt your side to grow with you. Behind this website there are real people who work every day to always offer the best possible service and give maximum support even after the purchase.
- 2 Years Warranty
- Secure Payments
Buzz Audio Essence
Mono compressor for 500 series
A versatile mono compressor for 500 series frames that takes optical compression to the next level for all forms of music production. Indulge yourself in it’s smooth and creamy sound!
You may know the sound of vintage optical compressors like the Teletronix LA2A, but often you need more control than just 2 knobs. So we present an enhanced design – the Essence – with attack & release settings carefully selected for a more varied dynamic palette plus the intelligent auto modes for that really smooth “set and forget” operation we all love. And unlike the slow LA designs, this compressor can also respond much faster when you need it. The soft knee opto action is perfect for smoothing the dynamics of vocals and a stereo pair will find immediate use to glue together stems, synths and the mix buss. And as our users report, the Essence is brilliant on bass guitar!
audio path quality
The audio input is coupled directly to our custom made LDR (light dependant resistor) gain reduction element via a Lundahl LL1540 input transformer. This is followed by a discrete signal path using our Class A BE40 amplifier and BE50 high current line driver that excites the Lundahl LL1517 output transformer. The combination of high end Lundahl transformers with our circuits creates a very warm low end sound along with a creamy top end finish void of midrange harshness.
The Essence is the only 500 series compressor (that we know of) to feature a side chain insert point so you can apply equalisation to the compression characteristic to control certain parts of the audio spectrum. The insert can also be used to “key” the compressor from another sound for all sorts of creative pumping effects. In addition, there is on board side chain shelving eq allowing you to quickly adjust the compressor sensitivity at high and low frequencies.
We go to a lot of trouble to match up the LDR’s used in our optical compressors but due to the inherent variances in these devices we now offer the essence in stereo matched pairs. Ask your dealer for more detail.
The essence power consumption of 120mA is higher than other 500 series modules, but because this demand is spread over two slots (60mA each) it should work fine in all available racks.
controls and functions
GAIN – sets the output gain from 0dB to +15dB.
DRIVE – sets the amount of compression applied to the signal, clockwise rotation means more compression.
ATTACK – 4 position switch with attack time settings of 1mS, 15mS, 70mS and our excellent Auto mode.
RELEASE – 6 position switch with recovery time settings of 100mS, 200mS, 400mS, 800mS, 1600mS and the intelligent Auto mode.
RATIO – 4 position switch sets the depth of compression from light to heavy, 2:1, 5:1, 10:1, 20:1 all with the soft knee action.
METER – switched to read gain reduction or input and output level, a PCB jumper sets the zero level reference from +4dBu or +14dBu.
BYPASS – toggle switch used to hard wire bypass the essence.
S.C. MON – allows you to hear the side chain signal (the side chain eq) and the side chain insert return signal.
S.C. HI EQ – applies 8dB at 10kHz of boost or cut to the side chain signal and therefore to the compression.
S.C. LO EQ – applies 8dB at 100Hz of boost or cut to the side chain signal and therefore to the compression.
LINK – using the 500 frame link system, two Essences can be linked for stereo operation.
S.C. INS – this switch engages the side chain insert point which are the input/output connectors associated with the second slot the Essence uses.
- Frequency Response with no gain reduction; 14Hz to 107kHz, +/- 1.5dB
- Maximum Input Level; +25dBu
- Maximum Output Level; +27dBu
- Side chain Max Input/Output Levels;+22dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion
- Measured at 0dBu input, no gain reduction, make up Gain 0dB; 100Hz = 0.1%, 1kHz = 0.015%, 10kHz = 0.002%
- Measured at +10dBu input, 20dB gain reduction, make up Gain +15dB, Attack AUTO, Release 16; 100Hz 0.1%, 1kHz = 0.015%, 10kHz = 0.005%
- Residual Noise; -95dB A wtg, 150ohm source Z, make up Gain 0dB
- Make up Gain Range; 0dB to +15dB
- Maximum Available Gain Reduction = 25dB
- S/C HI EQ Boost/Cut; 8dB @ 10kHz
- S/C LO EQ Boost/Cut; 8dB @ 100Hz
- Main Audio Input Impedance; 20k ohms, bal or unbal
- Main Output Impedance; 100 ohms bal or unbal
- Sidechain Send Output Impedance; 100 ohms unbal
- Sidechain Return Input Impedance; 44k ohms bal or unbal
- Size; (3″Wx5.25″H). Fits 2 spaces in API* 500VPR Series rack format
- Power requirements; 120mA +/- 15-18 volts DC, as supplied by rack power supply.
Specifications are typical of a production unit and are subject to change without notice. 0dBu reference = 0.775 volts RMS
Return and restocking option is available for private customers only. We will issue a refund/credit if you are not satisfied with your purchase and notify us within 10 days of product receipt. It must be returned in the original packaging and in saleable condition and must be returned freight prepaid. Return and restocking rights are not applicable for Audio/Video and software products. Shipping and handling charges to and from are not refundable.