Buzz Audio REQ-2.2 ME
Mastering EQ stereo
€ 7.759,00 (€ 6.359,84 + VAT)
Shipped in 4 - 8 Days.
(Tan 9,90% - Taeg 10,52%)
Banca Sella Personal Credit - Low Rate Financing
Finance from € 250,00 / month
|Number of payments||Monthly payment||Tan||Taeg||Interests||Fees on monthly payment||Total fees||Finance tax||Total amount due|
|6 months||€ 1.330,80||9,91%||11,16%||€ 225,80||€ 0||€ 0||€ 16,00||€ 8.000,80|
|9 months||€ 898,10||9,91%||10,93%||€ 323,90||€ 0||€ 0||€ 16,00||€ 8.098,90|
|12 months||€ 681,80||9,91%||10,80%||€ 422,60||€ 0||€ 0||€ 16,00||€ 8.197,60|
|18 months||€ 465,65||9,91%||10,67%||€ 622,70||€ 0||€ 0||€ 16,00||€ 8.397,70|
|24 months||€ 357,70||9,91%||10,60%||€ 825,80||€ 0||€ 0||€ 16,00||€ 8.600,80|
|27 months||€ 321,75||9,90%||10,57%||€ 928,25||€ 0||€ 0||€ 16,00||€ 8.703,25|
|30 months||€ 293,05||9,91%||10,56%||€ 1.032,50||€ 0||€ 0||€ 16,00||€ 8.807,50|
|36 months||€ 250,00||9,90%||10,52%||€ 1.241,00||€ 0||€ 0||€ 16,00||€ 9.016,00|
- Monthly costs for practical management (indicated in the table) included in the TAEG
- € 16,00 finance tax included in the TAEG
- Finance policy.
Advertising message for promotional purposes. For all contractual and economic conditions, please refer to the "Basic European Information on Consumer Credit", available to customers in all Sella Personal Credit Offices and on the website www.sellapersonalcredit.it. Milk Audio Store, supplier of goods for the promotion and placement of Sella Personal Credit SpA loan agreements for the purchase of its own goods, does not operate in an exclusive regime.
To apply for finance, please add the product to your cart, proceed through checkout and select "Sella Personal Credit Finance" as your payment option on checkout page.
- No other equalizer like it in the world.
- Fully discrete hi-bias wide bandwidth differential Class A amplifiers.
- Real choke and capacitor resonant circuits that sound fantastic.
- 72 frequency choices per channel.
- Individual discrete power supply regulators for each EQ band.
- Large easy to adjust knobs.
- High quality long life switches and potentiometers.
- Modular internal construction for easy future servicing.
- Mastering and recording versions.
- Unique transformer saturation module.
- Overall and individual band bypass switches.
- High-end balanced input and output amplifiers.
- Input connectors with loop through.
- Two output connectors on each channel.
- Rugged chassis construction.
Free ShippingFor all orders over € 250, shipping in Italy will be free. All our shipments are managed by national and international couriers with express service to guarantee delivery in 24h * from the dispatch of the goods from our warehouse. * For the islands and some remote areas the timing could increase to 48h.
After Sale Support
After Sale SupportAt your side to grow with you. Behind this website there are real people who work every day to always offer the best possible service and give maximum support even after the purchase.
- 2 Years Warranty
- Secure Payments
Buzz Audio REQ-2.2 ME
Mastering EQ stereo
Mastering version with choke filter low band
the resonance factor
The REQ-2.2 mastering equalizer utilises parallel resonant circuits in a clever configuration whereby the bandwidth (Q) of the circuit can be adjusted like an active filter, but without any complex relay switching. The inductor/capacitor resonant “tank” eq circuit runs at a low internal signal level which avoids any inductor saturation effects. The overall result is the sound of real choke based filters with a big open sound, but without the limitation of only a few – or no bandwidth selections as found on traditional choke eq’s.
audio path quality
As you would expect, the REQ uses our BE40 True Class A circuits developed for the MA-2.2 microphone amplifier for superlative audio performance. It also utlilizes our BE44 discrete line driver at the output that acts like a transformer and can respond to balanced or unbalanced loads.
But sometimes you might need a bit more color, so we have included a saturation section that introduces measured amounts of low frequency harmonic distortion via a steel audio transformer driven by a single ended tansistor amplifier. The High Pass Filter is placed in the beginning of the eq chain and the Low Band eq section is placed last in the chain. This layout produces the best overall equalizer coherency.
The large knobs and positive feel of the switching make the REQ a pleasure to operate and everything is visually clear when mounted into a console. In total there are 72 frequency choices per channel with overlapping selections across the four bands so you can always find the centre frequency you are looking for. A looping line XLR input and two parallel XLR outputs provide flexible connection options in the mastering control room. Finally, low glare rustic silver finish and retro Elma knobs give the REQ an impressive look in your rack!
controls and functions
mastering equalizerEach eq band has a 12 position switch to select the FREQUENCY and another that selects the BANDWIDTH or shape of the bell shape curve (Q) which is adjustable from 1/3 octave to 2 octaves wide. On the High and Low bands, the BANDWIDTH control reverts to shelf SLOPE control when SHELF mode is selected via the push button switch (but not with the Active Low Band option fitted). The Low and High Mid bands frequency range is changed to alternative selections when the FREQ x2.5 mode is selected. Each band also has an IN/OUT switch removing the band completely from the signal path. The BOOST/CUT control is a 23 postion Elma switch with a range of +/-8dB, with 0.5dB steps up to 3dB then 1dB steps to 8dB. Custom ranges and steps can be supplied to special order.
On the right side of the front panel are the HIGH PASS FILTER and SATURATION controls with their own IN/OUT switches. The overall SYSTEM IN/OUT controls and the power switch complete the picture. The channel A and channel B push button switches (SYSTEM, HPF and SATURATION) can be grouped by holding down any switch for 5 seconds. This means for stereo work you only need to push either the channel A or B switch to change both channels simultaneously. (This feature only applies to units with serial number Q1110 and up).
The REQ is available with a silver-grey or black face plate.mastering equalizer Only the mastering version is manufactured with the recording version now discontinued. There is an option for the Low Band section of the REQ. This option replaces the Choke based eq filter with an Active filter which provides a “tighter” bass sound. This option (the ALB) has come about from requests from some users who work with modern music styles in mastering. The only operational difference between the Active and Choke filters is that in Shelf mode, the Bandwidth control does not work as a slope control and is disabled.
- Mastering version with choke filter low band – REQ-2.2ME
- Mastering version with active filter low band – REQ-2.2MEA
- Frequency Response measured with all eq bands on and set flat, Saturation and HPF off = 5Hz to 125kHz +0.2/-3dB
- Harmonic Distortion at +10dBu signal level;
- Saturation OFF; 100Hz 0.007%…1kHz 0.004%…10kHz 0.007%…100kHz 0.013%
- Saturation ON POS-1; 20Hz 1.5%…100Hz 0.07%…1kHz and up 0.01%
- Saturation ON POS-2; 20Hz 1.5%…100Hz 0.14%…1kHz and up 0.01%
- Saturation ON POS-3; 20Hz 1.5%…100Hz 0.16%…1kHz and up 0.01%
- Saturation ON POS-4; 20Hz 1.6%…100Hz 0.17%…1kHz and up 0.01%
- Saturation ON POS-5; 20Hz 1.7%…100Hz 0.18%…1kHz and up 0.01%
- Saturation ON POS-6; 20Hz 2.0%…100Hz 0.22%…1kHz and up 0.01%
- Maximum Input Level; +25dBu
- Input Impedance; approx 20k ohms
- Maximum Output Level; +32dBu balanced
- Output Impedance; approx 70 ohms
- Input Common Mode Rejection; (ref 0dBu) 100Hz -65dB…1kHz -65dB…10kHz -60dB
- Noise all bands ON set flat; -110dB below max output level (A weighted)
- Power requirements 115V/230V selectable on rear panel
- Dimensions 4U rack mount, 300mm deep
Specifications are typical of a production unit and are subject to change without notice. 0dBu reference = 0.775 volts RMS.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Return and restocking option is available for private customers only. We will issue a refund/credit if you are not satisfied with your purchase and notify us within 10 days of product receipt. It must be returned in the original packaging and in saleable condition and must be returned freight prepaid. Return and restocking rights are not applicable for Audio/Video and software products. Shipping and handling charges to and from are not refundable.