Coles 4104 – Commentator’s Microphone
Contact us to verify delivery times
KEEP IN TOUCHFind out our opening hours
Contact us to verify delivery times
Free ShippingFor all orders over € 250, shipping in Italy will be free. All our shipments are managed by national and international couriers with express service to guarantee delivery in 24h * from the dispatch of the goods from our warehouse. * For the islands and some remote areas the timing could increase to 48h.
After Sale Support
After Sale SupportAt your side to grow with you. Behind this website there are real people who work every day to always offer the best possible service and give maximum support even after the purchase.
- 2 Years Warranty
- Secure Payments
The STC Coles 4104 Commentator’s Noise Cancelling Ribbon Microphone is of British Broadcasting (BBC) design and used for reproducing high quality commentary speech from noisy surroundings by cancelling out a considerable degree of background noise.
The 4STC Coles 4104104 has a proven reliable performance capability, being since its introduction used by such broadcasting networks as the BBC, IBA, CBS and ABC.
The STC Coles 4104 is not unduly affected by wind noise and can be used in air stream velocities up to 20 mph (32 km) without notable difference in speech quality. With the use of a simple windshield attachment good quality speech reproduction can also be achieved in winds ranging up to 40 mph (64 km) or more. Importantly the polar response is effectively bi-directional allowing one or more commentators to make clear individual commentary close side by side without interference from mutual cross over talk.
This microphone is generally regarded as the leader in its field. Wherever it is essential to single out a speaker’s voice without transmitting background noise, this is the choice of buyers from all over the world. One example application is its use in sports reporting, selecting the spoken commentary and cutting out the roar of racing cars at Brands Hatch or the screams of the little old ladies in the ringside seats at wrestling contests. News reporters broadcasting eyewitness accounts of processions and street demonstrations have also depended on this type of microphone.
Equally important is its application in noisy industrial environments; prompt information and explicit instruction may be matters of life and death in a shunting yard or rolling mill, and a noise-cancelling microphone of this quality is the most vital element in such communications.
- Better than 30 dB average discrimination between voice and background noise.
- Provides speech of broadcast quality completely free from breath noises.
- Flat frequency response at the controlled talking distance.
- 4104 Noise Cancelling Corrugated aluminium ribbon protected by fine woven nylon gauze
- Ribbon Low mass damped ribbon to control transient response
- Polar Response Bi-directional
- Frequency Response 60 Hz to 12,000 Hz
- All microphones factory tested in free field conditions
- Impedance 300 ohm
- Sensitivity -50 db W.R.T. IV/Pa
- Equivalent Electro-magnetic hum pick up Less than 0.0002 dynes/cm² equivalent acoustic input for 1 milligaus at 50 c/s
- Distortion Less than 1% at 120 dB SPL
- Connection By means of an XLR 3 pin plug – Pin 1 screen – Pin 2 positive – Pin 3 negative
- Body Housing Brass perforated case with stainless nose and mouth screens, pvc covered handle designed to provide a natural holding position for long periods
- Dimensions 8″ (200 mm) long x 2¼” (57 mm) wide x 3″ (76 mm) deep.
- Weight 10 oz (283 g).
- Finish Body brown enamel paint with pvc covered handle.
- Packaging Each microphone comes in a foam lined rigid plastic carrying case for safe keeping.
- Replacement washable plastic hygiene screen, packed in 10’s
- Foam lined rigid plastic carrying case
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Return and restocking option is available for private customers only.
We will issue a refund/credit if you are not satisfied with your purchase and notify us within 10 days of product receipt.
It must be returned in the original packaging and in saleable condition and must be returned freight prepaid.
Return and restocking rights are not applicable for Audio/Video software products.
Shipping and handling charges to and from are not refundable.
You might also be interested in one of the following products
€ 530,00 For European customers, please select your country to view the correct price including vat
Price for single speaker
2-way nearfield monitor with 5″ woofer
Arriving shortly The expected arrival date is 17/10/2022
Free shipping in Italy