Royer Labs SF-12 – Stereo Ribbon Microphone
Stereo Ribbon Microphone
Shipped in 4 - 8 Days.Add to Wishlist
KEEP IN TOUCHFind out our opening hours
- Free Shipping
Free ShippingFor all orders over € 250, shipping in Italy will be free. All our shipments are managed by national and international couriers with express service to guarantee delivery in 24h * from the dispatch of the goods from our warehouse. * For the islands and some remote areas the timing could increase to 48h.
- After Sale Support
After Sale SupportAt your side to grow with you. Behind this website there are real people who work every day to always offer the best possible service and give maximum support even after the purchase.
- 2 Years Warranty
- Secure Payments
Royer Labs SF-12
Stereo Ribbon Microphone
The Royer SF-12 stereo coincident ribbon microphone combines high quality audio performance with outstanding stereo separation and imaging. It is a modern ribbon design with no audible diffraction effects or cavity resonance.
The SF-12 is actually two matched ribbon microphones placed one above the other and fixed at a 90° angle. This arrangement allows for Blumlein and M-S recording with one microphone, as well as excellent monaural compatibility when summing the two ribbon elements to mono. The frequency response is excellent regardless of the angle of sound striking the ribbons and off-axis coloration
is negligible. The SF-12’s extension cable comes with an adapter which splits into separate left and right XLR connectors, labeled “upper” and “lower.”
The SF-12’s two 1.8-micron ribbons are of pure (99.99%) aluminum and provide superb transient response due to their low mass. Each of the SF-12’s two ribbon transducers incorporate “cross-field” motor assemblies (patent pending) which are comprised of four powerful Neodymium magnets and Permendur iron pole-pieces. This crossfield design delivers excellent high frequency response due to the extremely short path between the front and rear (sides) of the ribbon elements. The microphone’s case is ingot iron and forms part of the magnetic return circuit, an effective system with low leakage flux which accounts for the relatively high sensitivity in a trim package.
- True stereophonic (Blumlein and M-S) recording from one microphone
- No internal active electronics to overload or produce distortion up to maximum SPL rating.
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon elements unaffected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high frequency peaks, “ringing” and phase shifts
- Equal sensitivity from front and back of elements
- Very low magnetic leakage
- High efficiency toroid matching transformers and gold plated output connector
- Stereo & distance miking
- Choir, orchestra, string sections
- Drum overheads, room miking
- Percussion instruments
- Brass instruments, horn sections
- Woodwind instruments
- Stereo acoustic piano, harp
- Acoustic guitar, mandolin, stringed instruments
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Electrodynamic pressure gradient
- Polar Pattern: Symmetrical figure-8
- Generating Element: 1.8-micron aluminum ribbon
- Magnets: Rare Earth Neodymium
- Frequency Response: 40 -15 000 Hz ±2 dB
- Sensitivity: -52 dBv Re. 1v/pa
- Output Impedance: 300 Ohms @ 1K (nominal)
- Rated Load Impedance: 1500 Ohms
- Maximum SPL: 130 dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 5 pin (stereo)
- Dimensions: 206mm L X 25mm W (8″ L X 1″ W)
- Weight: 369 grams (13 oz )
- Finish: Matte Black Chrome/Dull Satin Nickel (optional)
- Accessories: Protective wood case, 18’ Cable (XLR5 to 2 standard 3 pin XLR male), mic sock
- Optional Accessories: Suspension shock mount, windscreen
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Return and restocking option is available for private customers only.
We will issue a refund/credit if you are not satisfied with your purchase and notify us within 10 days of product receipt.
It must be returned in the original packaging and in saleable condition and must be returned freight prepaid.
Return and restocking rights are not applicable for Audio/Video software products.
Shipping and handling charges to and from are not refundable.
You might also be interested in one of the following products
- € 485,00For European customers, please select your country to view the correct price including vat
Monitor nearfield a 2 vie con woofer 4″
Free shipping in Italy
Order before 12:00 am, shipment will be processed in two working days
- € 599,00For European customers, please select your country to view the correct price including vat
Price for single speaker
2-way nearfield monitor with 5″ woofer
Contact us to verify delivery times
Free shipping in Italy