Thermionic Culture The Culture Vulture – Dual Channel Valve enhancer
Dual Channel Valve enhancer
Shipped in 8-10 DaysAdd to Wishlist
KEEP IN TOUCHFind out our opening hours
- Free Shipping
Free ShippingFor all orders over € 250, shipping in Italy will be free. All our shipments are managed by national and international couriers with express service to guarantee delivery in 24h * from the dispatch of the goods from our warehouse. * For the islands and some remote areas the timing could increase to 48h.
- After Sale Support
After Sale SupportAt your side to grow with you. Behind this website there are real people who work every day to always offer the best possible service and give maximum support even after the purchase.
- 2 Years Warranty
- Secure Payments
Thermionic Culture The Culture Vulture
Distorsore valvolare due canali
The Culture Vulture – 2 channel all valve distorter/enhancer
This is the original and still the only studio unit dedicated to just adding valve produced harmonic distortion to sounds, with no solid state components in the way. This unique unit has changed little since its introduction in 1998.
There are 3 basic settings for the type of distortion:
1. T gives the typically “musical” effect found with triode valves and is good for just “warming up” a sound,
2. P1 means that the “distortion” valve is switched to Pentode mode to add odd harmonics which make the sound more aggressive, but retaining that valve character,
3. P2 is the “No Holds Barred” setting and is very unusual way of configuring an unusual valve, even giving an extra octave at higher bias settings.
The Bias control varies the current through the “distortion” valve (6AS6 type) and this current is shown on the milliameter. At low current the Vulture is “starved” and the sound is inclined to be thinner and “break up” easily. High current and the Vulture is over-fed and becomes quite fat and
bloated. At medium current (0.25-0.3 mA) it distorts least, and this is the best setting for just “warming up” a sound. When the Vulture is over-driven, the meter may “twitch” and this gives a good indication of how drastic the distortion is.
The Low-pass filter has a 12dB/octave slope and will remove unwanted frequencies above 6 or 9 kHz (selectable) so as to make the sound more “rounded”.
The Drive control and Overdrive switch give the user ample control over the amount the input signal is boosted before it hits the 6AS6 valve.
The Output Level controls the amount of signal going to the output valve. This control should be set at 8 + for low distortion and turned back when Drive is increased for more distortion, except when P2 is selected.
The Bypass switch completely bypasses the unit so that the Culture Vulture’s effect can be accurately compared to the original.
• The original and only all valve rack-mountable distortion /enhancer ;
• Vast range of distortion effects;
• Low pass filters (switchable);
• Bypass and Overdrive switches;
• 2 inputs per channel. DI at front cuts out LINE at rear;
• 2 outputs per channel, line and low level;
• Standard ¼” jacks, stereo wired unbalanced for all connections;
• Long life high quality valves;
• Made in England.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Return and restocking option is available for private customers only.
We will issue a refund/credit if you are not satisfied with your purchase and notify us within 10 days of product receipt.
It must be returned in the original packaging and in saleable condition and must be returned freight prepaid.
Return and restocking rights are not applicable for Audio/Video software products.
Shipping and handling charges to and from are not refundable.
You might also be interested in one of the following products
- € 228,99For European customers, please select your country to view the correct price including vat
This is an education multi-seat license version of Bitwig Studio 2 for 5 or more licenses…
Shipped in 4 - 8 Days.